What’s Data BootCamp?
Wellstone is proud to carry forward this essential training program formerly offered by New Organizing Institute (NOI). We’re partnering with a number of members from the progressive data community to continue the excellence you’d expect from Data BootCamp, including*:
- Jamaa Bickley-King, Freelance Political Engineer
- Audra Grassia, Account Manager, Civis Analytics
- Rachel Gutauskas, Lead Survey Strategist, Blue Labs
- John Hagner, Partner, Clarity Campaign Labs
- Benjy Messner, Principal, Precision Strategies
- Kym Neck, Data and Targeting Director, Mission Control
- Sam Nitz, Data and Targeting Manager, EMILY’s List & Board Member, Equality Federation’
- Russ Rampersad, Director of Product Management, Catalist
- Dan Scarvalone, Associate Director, Research and Data, Bully Pulpit Interactive
Data BootCamp will happen in the Washington D.C. area from February 9-14, 2016. Ideal candidates for BootCamp are those with an affinity for working with data and analytics. We’ll cover the essentials of voter file data; skills to clean and manage data using Excel, Access, and SQL; strategies for effective targeting and structuring a campaign program; building and presenting information to report on campaign progress; and tactics for working effectively with other campaign departments.
If you want to get into the world of political and advocacy data, either launching your career or taking it to the next level, Data BootCamp is for you. Let us know you’re interested and we’ll send you a link to apply once the application period begins in December.
What’s Advanced Campaign Management School?
Wellstone’s Advanced Campaign Management School (ACMS) gives experienced campaign practitioners additional training and skills to win in the next election cycle and beyond. Not just campaign skills, but management skills – what it takes to build and lead a team and the ins and outs of managing campaigns effectively.
If 2016 is your year to take on a senior leadership role within a targeted state legislative, statewide, or congressional campaign, then ACMS is here to help your sharpen your skills and take them to the next level. ACMS is also happening in the Washington D.C. area from February 11-14, 2016. Let us know you’re interested and we’ll send you a link to apply once the application period begins in December.